Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fandom 4 SAA Teaser

If you donated to Fandom 4 Tsunami, then you have the one shot I wrote called "Second Chances". I've decided to continue this story, and offer the second part in the compilation that is being used to raise money for sexual assault awareness. My life has been directly affected by sexual assault. My best friend was raped in high school, and it is something that stays with you forever. Contributing to this cause is therapeutic for me. I want her to know that I will never forget what happened to her, and more importantly I will never forget the the strength it took for her to move on from it. Here is an unbeta'd teaser of my offering.



 
Dreaming With a Broken Heart
by jacndaniel
beta: maxipoo1024
banner: jaimearkin
Rated M
ExB

When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part
You roll outta bed and down on your knees
And for the moment you can hardly breathe
Wondering was she really here?
Is she standing in my room?
No she's not, 'cause she's gone.
Dreaming With a Broken Heart ~ John Mayer


EPOV:
It’s been one hundred and twenty one days since she left. One hundred and twenty one days since I watched her break lights disappear into the night. It took me about an hour, standing alone in the middle of the street that night, before I believed that she wasn’t coming back. I’m not going to lie, it felt like I was dying. I still have no idea where she is or how to get in touch with her. I can’t exactly ask Rose for her information, so again I wait.

The days pass so slowly. I can finally go more than a few hours with out thinking about her. Believe me, I don’t want to, but it’s necessary for me to actually function. I have get up everyday, and deal with my patients. I go to the hospital everyday and help people, save lives, but I can’t save my own. The only person who can save me won’t even talk to me. I know that she wants to hurt me, she made that clear. Bella wants me to feel the pain that she felt, she wants me to be alone, like she was. I wish that I could prove to her how much I hurt, and just how lonely I am.

Just as I’m finishing up my rounds for the night, my cell phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out and see that my sister is calling.

“Hey, Rose what’s up?”

“Hey, yourself big brother. I’m calling to invite you to dinner Saturday night.”

“This Saturday? It’s already Tuesday, Rose. What if I had plans?” I ask in mock offense.

“What do you have to do Saturday night, Edward? You never have anything to do. Ever.” I can almost hear the smirk on her face.

“What’s the occasion? I haven’t come to dinner since the wedding.” I chuckle.

“Well, it’s Emmett’s birthday. It’s also the first family dinner that I’m hosting as a member of the Swan family, and they are all coming... even Bella. Will you please come?” Rose whines at me, but I can tell that she is being sarcastic. She knows that I can’t deny her when she needs me.

“Of course, I’ll come. What time should I be there?” I ask with a sigh.

“Six. I’ll see you at six on Saturday. I love you, Edward.” I return the sentiment before we hang up the phone.

Great. Now I’m going to dinner with the Swan’s. This ought to be fun.

I’m gathering my things so that I can go home, when my office intercom buzzes. “Dr. Cullen you have a call on line three. She says her name is Isabella Swan, and that she is not a patient.”

Bella? “Thank you, Mrs. Cope. I’ll take the call, but then I’m going home for the night.”

“I’ll notify your service. Have a good night, Doctor.”

“Same to you.” I say before I push the button that will connect me to Bella.

I can’t even begin to imagine what would have Bella calling me. Maybe she doesn’t want me at Rose’s dinner. Maybe she needs a ride from the airport. Oh, who are you kidding, Cullen. You’re the last person that she would call. Answer the damn phone!

“Bella? Is everything okay?”


For information on how to donate to this worthy cause please visit the website for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment