Saturday, June 25, 2011

Carousel Chapter 2 Teaser

Anyone read my o/s for the FGB Autism Awareness compilation? Well... I've decided to continue it at the insistence of the readers. Here is an unbeta'd teaser. The chapter should be up soon, it is with Maxipoo. For those of you who haven't read it yet, here's the link!


Driving up to Bella’s house the next morning, my heart is beating fast. I’m not nervous, though. Just excited to see her. I think I actually missed her. We talked for a few minutes last night, to finalize our plans for this morning. She is scared of what Tanya and Ben might have to say about us showing up at school together. I told her that it doesn’t matter what they have to say. Their input stopped mattering when they ended up in the bathroom exchanging bodily fluids. Fuck them. Seriously, why would they get to have an opinion? Did Tanya ask me my opinion before she sucked Tyler’s dick?

I park on the street in front of Bella’s house and take a deep breath before I make my way up to her door. My mom has sent some blueberry muffins and I’m sure that Renee is in there cooking up a storm, just waiting to ask a shit load of questions. I can only imagine what she wants to know. Before I have a chance to knock the door opens, and I am staring at the smirking face of Chief Swan.

"Good morning, Chief." I say, trying not to sound to nervous.

"Good morning to you too, Edward.” He chuckles. “Boy do I feel sorry for you. The ladies have been in there yapping all morning. I've learned that you are adorable and so smart." He mimics what I assume s supposed to be a female voice. "I need to have a chat with you before you go in there. Is that okay?”

“Of course. Did I do something wrong, sir?” I’m really nervous now.

“You didn’t do anything wrong, Edward. You can calm down. What I want to talk to you about is what ever is going on between you and Bella. She says that you took care of her after the prom when that Crowley boy left her to fend for herself. I want to thank you for that, Son."

"You're welcome, sir. I just wish I could have done something to prevent it from happening in the first place."

"How could you have stopped anything? She said that she caught Tyler with another girl." He asks, looking sufficiently confused.

"She did. My girlfriend, Tanya. She's the one that Bella caught with Tyler."

At this the Chief throws his head back and laughs loudly."Well aren't you two a sad pair! Get your ass in here and have some breakfast, you're going to be late for school."

I walk into the Swan kitchen and I am taken back to my childhood. I can picture Bella's mom standing at the back door handing us Popsicles. When Bella spots me her face lights up.

"Edward! Good morning! How are you?" She says walking towards me.

"I'm good, Bells." I say, pulling her into a hug that I hope doesn't offend her father. He doesn't look up, so I place a soft kiss on her forehead before releasing her.

"Don't push your luck, boy."

"No, sir"

"Charlie, leave them alone, you remember what is was like to be young, don't you? When we were their age we were doing much more than eating breakfast together." She winks at me.

"I know, Renee. Don't give them any ideas." He looks straight at Bella. "No kissing in the kitchen. The kitchen is neutral territory. Consider it Switzerland, and I am the king of Switzerland, Bella. No kissing in my land."

Then he looks at me. "Got it?"

"Yes, sir." We say in unison.

No comments:

Post a Comment